Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wow, time flies

I can't believe it's been a whole year since graduation.  Today I'm going to the Da Vinci 2010 Graduation to wish my young friends luck.

I remember when my English teacher read to us the book Oh, the places you'll go! I remember tearing up...it was a very emotional day.  My last day with all these people, with Mr. Holst...and he was very sweet that day what with the book and all.  It made me want to get out there.

And then graduation came around, I made a speech about my art teacher, did a lil dance on stage, hugged my Economics teacher and boom...I was free.  We all lined up and surrounded out families and listened to 2 our fellow students sing John Denvers "leaving on a jet plane".  I cried so much, that song, I still can't listen to it to this day.  I remember wanting to just collapse where I was standing, I was looking at everyone, those crying, those singing along.... it was a moment I'll never forget.  I have never felt so proud of everyone and yet so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment