Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Acknowledgment of Flaws

     I think there a lot of people today who refuse to accept or even acknowledge their own flaws.  How can you improve on your self if you don't?  With the fear of sounding too negative many just think they have nothing to work on (even when the know deep down).  I am always up for discussion on my own flaws, but I'm not talking physical flaws here, I'm talking about the stuff that really matters.
     We have become so preoccupied with our outside appearance that anything relating to whats beneath that is just nonsence or too mushy. I know I have a lot to work on and with that knowledge I am constantly trying to improve who I am and what I do.  I think a lot of men have issues with this.  But we can't forget girls, because they can be the worst.  Ladies can be pretty insane if they want since they are already more mentally tapped into their feelings, but if they perceive themselves as just perfect there is almost no turning back.
     I have a friend who once told me "I'm not going to change" and I thought it was really ignorant and imature.  Especialy since her flaws are things that could be improved like attitude, anger, deception, etc.  The saddest thing is to recognize it and not work on it, to stop evolving, to not move forward because your "not going to change".  Don't change who you are just improve on yourself.

Thrice lyrics of wisdom:
"We've learned that if we'll, open the wounds and share them then soon they start to heal" - For Miles
"It looks deep enough from here, I'm diving, this cliff has been well worn by ignorance. It looks deep enough from here, I'm diving, they float face down they all look so content.
I don't know why I'm even here. Guess I'm afraid to be alone" - See you in the Shallows

No comments:

Post a Comment