Friday, April 16, 2010

Social Awkwardness

Well, just today after getting back from a fairly entertianing day at school, I came home to find that Friends was on TV (<3).  It was an episode where Ross can't flirt. He's so socially awkward I said to myself, he's such a geek.  Then I thought "what are you saying? YOU are totally him!"  I myself am a fairly dorky-geeky person with a huge lack of any kind of "game".  I basically cannot flirt.  I can do polite conversation, make people laugh, but I lack the skill of ego stroking. I am also the least foreword person I know.  I can't tell someone "oh look at your arms, you workout?"  or crap like that.  A lot of women dumb themselves down when flirting as I have seen, it's kind of pathetic.  I mean I know I get a bit "airhead-ish" when it comes to communicating with a perspective partner but I mean I can still function properly.  Also from the people around me and what we see from the media much of it is so superficial and paper thin.  People today cannot talk.  They just can't. WHY?  My whole life I have realized that my idea of "flirting" is being there for that person like to help with stuff, which is probably why I was dragged around the local community theater for so long.

I find it hard to connect with people enough to actually enjoy what they have to say.  But when I do find that someone else is on the same mind frame as myself I totally celebrate them for their awesomeness! Haha.

I have a huge personal bubble, it kind of bums me out that I have this physical barrier from people.  I have been trying more often to open up and smile and stop being so OCD.  I think quirks are actually cute. The little things people do.  Such as a mannerism or a small rituals (non religious/sacrifice) haha. Of course I have been dubbed the "hopeless romantic" for years now, which is fine I guess, though it doesn't exactly scream "playa". I guess I have had this girlish fantasy my whole life of being good friends first, building a foundation on something sturdy.

Ehh call me traditional or easily impressed <--this is actually true ahaha

Thrice Lyrics of Wisdom:
"Love is a loyalty sworn, not a burning for a moment" The Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment