Friday, April 9, 2010

There's no greater love

     Friendship.  Probably one of the greatest and most challenging connections one can have. The difference between a friendship and any other relationship is that a friendship is purely spiritual.  The enjoyment of having that one person in your life.  Different from say a family member who is your blood or brought you up.  Or a relationship, in a relationship you have many things keeping you together, money, sex, children, etc.  But a friendship can come and go.  It has to be unselfish or it's not a real friendship.
     I have had my fair share of selfish friendships, and I continue to have them.  It's not by choice but of convenience and cowardice.  There are not many non selfish friendships that I have made.  I think it's my "easy to take advantage of" character.  I'm an unaffected emotional person.  Does that make sense? Not to most.  I am an internalizer.  I can be pretty cold on my exterior if I want but it never fails that I am eventually broken down to a pulp.
     To me, the best friendships involve a lot of communication and trust.  But I would say the best relationships are filled with this too.  I like to think I work very hard to keep these things strong, especially trust.  But I digress... I love meeting people who are intellectually stimulating but not in their own head all the time.  People with a kind disposition.  People who see themselves in others as I do.  The phrase "do onto others as you would have done onto you" comes to mind.  I wasn't really brought up on this idea but more of a rule I have set for myself (more of a anti-hypocrisy code).  I hold myself to a strong moral and ethical code that I have created for myself.  I think if more people set these rules, this world would spin easier.
     I don't see a point in keeping negatives in your life.  If someone, anyone makes you feel bad then let them go. Life shouldn't be wasted with negativity and toil, especially when you can control it.  I should learn to take my own advise though, but once again I am a coward and cannot hurt someone for my benefit.  When I say coward I don't sulk or shrug or cry about it, it is just what I am in this sense of the word.
     I take friendship very seriously, if you don't then I don't want to waste my time.
But don't misinterpret what I am saying here.  Life isn't this serious.  Honestly I cannot talk to someone normally if they don't make me laugh or feel comfortable.  There are some people in my life I wish I was closer to since I find we have very strong connections but... friends are brought into our lives at moments in our live when we need them.  I look forward to see where new friendships go, their future.  Especially those in which you can see having something beautiful bloom.

Thrice Lyrics of Wisdom:
"and as long as we live, every scar is a bridge to someone's broken heart
and
there's no greater love, than that one shed his blood for his friends"
For Mile
s

No comments:

Post a Comment