Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prayers to the Kensrue Family

Wow what a rough couple of day's for Dustin Kensrue and his family.  It really is quite a sad situation.  Dustin Kensrue's father has been diagnosed with a possible malignant brain tumor.
     While I'm sad they [Thrice] had to cancel their current tour with Manchester Orchestra, it is much more important to be there for family.  Knowing Dustin's character, I know that no matter what he had to put family first being the family man he is, which is one of the many reasons I look up to him so much.
     This is also so tragic due to the resent passing of Teppei's (Thrice lead guitarist and guitar god) mother.  Last fall Teppei had to leave the tour to go home and be there next to his mother when she was diagnosed to stage 4 cancer.  It's like this band has some bad karma which is impossible since all they sing about is love, self worth, wanting to fix the wrongs of this world, god, and what a gift life is.  Not to mention how amazingly humble they all are, never getting big heads and being so incredibly kind to their fans.
     I am horrified by the internet trolls that have infested their web site during this time of gathering by the fans.  With messages of wishing death upon Dustins family, it sickens me and saddens me to see the lengths some people will go to see others in pain.  Shame on them.
I am not a religious woman, however I have always felt that Thrice's music and more specifically Dustin's lyrics, have always brought me a little closer to "god".  The last think I can say here is, when I heard this terrible news, the song "Music Box" came over my computer and I believe that the lyrics relate so much to this situation:
"this hollow in my chest is filled with reasons not to sing but I found one, I know we are not alone, we feel an unseen love.  We are sons and heirs of grace, we are children of a light that never dims a love that never dies, keep your chin up child and wipe the tears from your eyes" -Music Box by Thrice

No comments:

Post a Comment