Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back from LA/Disneyland

I had a pretty good time I must say (minus the god awful food and kinda sucky hotel).  My favorite part was Disneyland! DUH!  I think I'm in love with the New Orleans quarter, so much culture and the smell of food is dazzling.  Plus they had a live singer sing that sung the songs from the princess and the frog. They also had an Elvis impersonator later that night, he was pretty groovy, I may have danced a bit...

I must have sent about 300 texts in the last 2 days.  Seriously picture spam everyone.  I mostly talked to Emily, Allie, Victor, and Sadie.

The amount of unhealthy food I hate surpassed my usual limit.  Most of the food was gross, not so much at Disneyland, but from the hotel and around the area.  Actually the best things I ate were this cheeseburger from the hotel restaurant and these jaw droppingly good french fries/dip in the New Orleans quarter.  I had some of my mothers Monte Crisco, it was so confusing, it's basically a ham/turkey with provolone or swiss sandwich, but the bread is like a fried soft crust (doughnut like) with powered sugar.  It was good/gross all at the same time.
Not taken by me

It's interesting doing people watching at a place like Disneyland.  I love to people watch, but let me tell you, when adults visit the the most magical place on earth, they turn into children.  This "Sex and the City" type group of women and their kids where touching everything while in line at the Indiana Jones ride.  It was like watching a group of 12 year olds.  Please parents, I know you find your inner child but please, do so with some poise.  Also in line of the Indiana Jones I spotted what seemed to be a male who is in the beginning stages of becoming a woman.  He was probably around my age if not a year younger or two.  I was confused at first when I saw him, I mean I don't mean to be stereotypical but he not only was very feminine but had what looked to be small breasts.  He was a skinny lad, very tall with a tank top, but he had cleavage.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with him, actually I felt happy that he took a step in the right direction.  If anything you needed to be there in order to understand what he looked like and what gives me this impression. I told my mother, she looked because I asked "is that a man or a woman?" She said "thats definitely a man", but I kept repeating "no you NEED to look".  Then a few mins later she said "oh ok now I'm confused" and came to the same conclusion.  Idk why but when I see interesting people such as him I want to become friends, I have no idea why.

Now I'm bored, I have been having these adventures that make being back home so droll. :|

PS: American Idol Finale- America made the wrong choice the second year in a row.  It's like as a nation we cannot identify artists.  I actually liked both the finalists, but Crystal has such soul and an amazing voice VS. Lee with the typical nickleback/hinder voice.  I love Lee he is so cute and sweet, but by music, Crystal is an artist.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they both release in the up coming year.  I hope crystal ends up with a producer who understands her alternative folk/soul/hippie style and not try to make her into some kind or single machine of pop music.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure it wasn't a really manly looking woman? Some women have very small breasts, thin hips... just putting it out there. But yeah I know what you mean by wanting to make friends with unusual people you see randomly... I want to at least shadow their lives and see how they live. People watching is so fun; we should definitely do it this summer!

    P.S. Have you seen Charice Pempengco, the really good Filipina singer from Oprah? She's like 18 now but she has this really rich full voice. Not really related to American Idol, but she's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure he was a man, and when I say man I mean boy. He was definitely a boy but was very feminine and had very womanly mannerisms, especially the way he put on chap stick. He looked really interesting and friendly and I just wanted to hug him because he had rosy cheeks and seemed like an awesome person (in my head) you know? YES, people watching is so fun! Doing it at the movie theater is fun as well!

    No I haven't seen her, at least I don't think I have. I watch Oprah on a fairly regular basis so I might have seen her.

    ReplyDelete