Monday, May 31, 2010

Sufjan Stevens

What an amazing singer, musician, and soul.  His music (thanks to Allie) has been such a light in my life. I use his music to lull me to sleep when I am stressed or depressed and have no will to sleep, he is so soothing.  My favorites of his being Holy, Holy, HolyChicago (which I can play on guitar), To Be Alone With You, and That Was the Worst Christmas Ever!  Since first hearing about him I have put 8 songs of his on my iPod, and so much more need to be added!  With the vast amount of music he has available it is necessary that I own them all.

I love how spiritual his music is.  The humanity present in his songs are what's absent in todays music industry.  I personally am not a "Christian" but an agnostic who is slightly spiritual.  I have realized that much of the music I am beginning to like are Christian rock, which is very interesting if you know me.

But the point of this post is to not spread rumors but to simply state that I heard speculation that he is either asexual or gay.  Now I'm pro either, but I'm REALLY pro Asexual being that I myself am one as well.  IDK call it a girls fantasy but it's like wow I have a chance! Not really but sort of.  I mean, I'm not gonna lie, Sufjan is a cutie!  But besides that, he is just an amazing human. 




Holland-
All the time we spent in bed
Counting miles before we set Fall in love and fall apart 
Things will end before they start 


Chicago--
if I was crying
in the van, with my friend it was for freedom
from myself and from the land


To Be Alone With You--
I'd swim across Lake Michigan.
I'd sell my shoes.
I'd give my body to be back again
in the rest of room. To be alone with you


Holy Holy Holy--
Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
There is a sign at the sight of thee, merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!



No comments:

Post a Comment