Saturday, May 22, 2010

Favorite Song Quotes (the ramblings of an indecisive music fan)


Here is a list of my favorite quotes (actually they are all Thrice lyrics)
FAVE: “I look for exits in the haze, the dense electric twilight maze, I’ve heard that there is one that leads to sunlit lands.” -Between the End and Where we Lie
“Don’t you know that all things hang, as if by a string, O’er the darkness - poised to fall?”- Beggars
“My heart is filled with songs of forever”- In Exile
“I love this city, but I’ve set and numbered its days.  I love this city, enough that I’ll set it ABLAZE.”- The Arsonist
“There is truth beneath the floorboards; there is hope in brick and stone. But they tell me just to shut my mouth; leave well enough alone.”_ The Arsonist
“Show me your jaded eyes. I will turn them red, drunk with vivid flame.”- Backdraft
“The water’s rising now and we will surely drown, if we don’t turn around”-- Lost Continent
“These clouds could never hope to save us.  From such a juggernaut of weight, We all dance a jingo cabaret” -The Sky is Falling
“My fear just fuels the hate machine” _The Sky is Falling
“And after all of this I am amazed, That I am cursed far more than I am praised.”- Silver Wings
“But all other things shall fade away; While love stands alone and still holds sway. All other things shall fade away; Into the ground into the grey.”- Moving Mountains
“And moving mountains ain’t nothing to me”- Moving Mountains
“And though above the world may toil and turn, No prying spades will find you here below.”- Child of Dust
Though all the world may hate us, we are named.  The shadow overtake us, we are known”- Image of the Invisible
“We all were lost now we are found.  No one can stop us or slow us down.  We are the named and we are known.  We know that we’ll never walk alone”- Image of the Invisible
“daylight pours fire into my grey eyes, pour grace into my grey life, breaks in and lights the way, I can’t live without the day.” - Between the End and Where We Lie
“Cause my eyes are open, and everything still moves in slow-motion, breathless and blue, and behind your eyes the sea, oceans of light envelop me.” - Atlantic
“Saturn will not sleep, until the sand has made us clean, still we stack our stones and bury what we can”- Of Dust and Nations
“Wake, feel your worth, O my soul. Speak the word, the word that can save us all.”- Stand and Feel Your Worth
“And soon the sea shall give up her dead. We’ll raise an empire from the bottom of the sea”- Red Sky
“Motion isn’t meaning, It’s just another drug. But it’s all we’ve got… we’ve got nowhere to go.”- Motion Isn't Meaning
“Judge not, lest ye be judged with the girl and come down”- The Weight of Glory
“Under this killing moon, Under this burning sky, The fire’s shining groom, I hold my breath and close my eyes”- Under a Killing Moon
“Your eyes, resting in flame, Leave me breathless again”- Silhouette
“Here’s a line drawn in the sand, I’m working up the will to cross it”- The Artist in The Ambulance
“Wake up everyone! It’s not too late, To save the remnants of our hearts”- The Abolition of Man
“I don’t know why I’m even here.  Guess I’m afraid to be alone.”- See You in the Shallows
“Cause I’m sick of the stabbing, I’m sick of the breaking, I’m sick of the bleeding until we fall down”- Kill Me Quickly
“What are we all living for, If nothing’s worth dying for tonight?- Lullaby

No comments:

Post a Comment